Sunday, September 8, 2013

Paris

You can't see everything in Paris.  Not in 2 days.  I don't even think in 2 weeks.  It was a lot of work.  I am glad we saw the Eiffel Tower at night.  It was stunning.  It was late, though, and Riley was tired, so we didn't go up the tower.  Just sat under it for a while.


The Louvre was next.  Beautiful.  Gretchen and I were sometimes more amazed at the architecture than the art.  We were always saying, "Look at these beautiful floors!"  We are ruined for life, I know.  Some of the most beautiful parts were the courtyards, which you couldn't get to.  I think we spent about 4 hours there, and we didn't even set foot in 1 of the 3 legs in the museum.  We made sure to see the important stuff.





Notre Dame was cool.  Gretchen thought that it was a little underwhelming.  I think it was hyped up in her mind a little.  I liked it better than her.  The stained glass on the inside was enchanting.  We have heard it is beautiful at night.


Chateau Versailles was amazing.  We were there for 4 hours and only saw the main chambers.  We were so tired that we didn't even go to the gardens.  It was my favorite and I am excited to go back to see more.



All in all it was a great trip.  It was our first big trip with Riley and was a lot of work.  I think now that we have done it the next one will be easier.  We are grateful to Dan and Stacia for being our Guinea pigs.  They were great company and a lot of fun to travel with.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention it was a lot of work too because it was 90 degrees both days!!!

    ReplyDelete